- Toyota and its Dealers are committed to resolving Guest concerns quickly and effectively, and in accordance with Guests' rights under the consumer guarantees in the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). This Charter provides a summary of:
- Your options in relation to concerns you may have as they relate to Toyota Vehicles; and
- Our processes for handling Guest concerns.
- Toyota Australia, along with its nationwide network of Dealers, is deeply committed to creating the very best Guest experience.
- Every new model bought after 1 January 2019 is protected by at least a five year unlimited kilometre warranty that covers genuine Toyota parts and accessories and provides bumper-to-bumper protection*. Find out more about our Toyota Warranty Advantage here. Toyota products come with automatic guarantees that they will work and do what you asked for, under what is referred to as Australia’s consumer guarantee rights.
- In dealing with a Guest's concern , Toyota and its Dealers consider whether the Guest has any rights under each of:
- The consumer guarantees provided in the ACL; and
- The New Vehicle Warranty (which applies to vehicles delivered before 1 January 2019); or
- The Toyota Warranty Advantage (which applies to vehicles delivered from 1 January 2019).
- If you have a concern, Toyota and its Dealers are committed to having it dealt with fairly, transparently and efficiently. If you have a concern or wish to exercise any rights you may have under the ACL or a relevant vehicle warranty, we recommend you take the following steps:
- Discuss your concern with the people at your local or preferred Toyota Dealer.
- If your concern is not resolved to your satisfaction by the representative at your Toyota Dealer, you can ask to speak with the General Manager or Dealer Principal, as they are responsible for the overall operation of the Dealership. They can also raise your concern with Toyota directly.
- If your concern remains unresolved or you would like to speak with someone at Toyota directly, you can contact the Toyota Guest Experience Centre or “GEC” via:
The GEC operates Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm (AEST)
- Although the GEC can provide assistance, at the outset Toyota recommends that any concern will be quicker to resolve if you have discussed it with your local Toyota Dealer first.
Learn more about our Complaint Handling process.
- To progress your concern effectively and efficiently, please have the following information on hand when raising it with a Dealer or the GEC:
- Your name, address, telephone number and email;
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and/or registration number;
- Vehicle type, age and approximate kilometres travelled;
- If you contact the GEC, details of your Toyota Dealer and who you have been dealing with at that Dealership to resolve your concern; and
- Details of your concern.
- Please note that the consumer guarantees provided in the ACL cannot be replaced, limited or removed by any agreement, contract or warranty. You can find more information about your rights by visiting the ACCC’s website www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees.
- The consumer guarantees apply in the same way regardless of whether the vehicle is covered by the New Vehicle Warranty (which applies to vehicles delivered before 1 January 2019) or the Toyota Warranty Advantage (which applies to vehicles delivered on or after 1 January 2019). So if something goes wrong with your vehicle, you may be entitled to a remedy under the consumer guarantees as well as the manufacturer’s warranty.
- The consumer guarantees may continue to apply after the New Vehicle Warranty or the Toyota Warranty Advantage has expired. The New Vehicle Warranty and the Toyota Warranty Advantage apply in addition to, and do not affect, Guests' rights under the consumer guarantees.
- In dealing with Guest concerns, Toyota and Dealers must comply with all relevant laws, including making sure Guests are provided with the remedies to which they are entitled under the ACL and relevant vehicle warranty.
*Warranty conditions apply. The standard Toyota Warranty Advantage period is 5yrs, with unlimited kms, from delivery. Excludes vehicles used for a commercial purpose, such as taxis, hire vehicles and vehicles transporting people or goods for payment including rideshare. The commercial vehicle Toyota Warranty Advantage period is 5 years from delivery or 160,000kms (whichever occurs first). The Toyota genuine parts/accessories purchased at and fitted by a Toyota Dealer are warranted for the remainder of Toyota Warranty Advantage period (5yrs/unlimited kms) or for 2yrs from installation, whichever is greater. Toyota genuine accessories purchased at and fitted to a Toyota ute or van by a Toyota Dealer are warranted for 3 yrs/160,000 kms or for 2 yrs from installation, whichever is greater. Toyota genuine parts/accessories purchased from an authorised Toyota Dealer over the counter and not fitted by an authorised Toyota Dealer, carry a Toyota Warranty Advantage period of 2 years.